Saturday, April 19, 2014

Follow us:
Follow @NY1 on Twitter Subscribe to this news feed 

News

Restaurant Worker Arrested Following Manhattan Gasoline Fire

  • Text size: + -
TWC News: Restaurant Worker Arrested Following Manhattan Gasoline Fire
Play now

Time Warner Cable video customers:
Sign in with your TWC ID to access our video clips.

  To view our videos, you need to
enable JavaScript. Learn how.
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.

Then come back here and refresh the page.

A restaurant worker was arrested and charged with reckless endangerment after officials say gasoline he illegally stored in his workplace spilled and caught fire, injuring three people.

Fei Teng, 42, seen above, tried to store 10 gallons of gas inside soy sauce buckets at the Eno Asian Bistro and Lounge on First Avenue near East 58th Street, according to fire marshals.

On Thursday night, authorities say some of the gas spilled, caught on fire and severely burned three people.

Witnesses said one man on fire rushed out of the kitchen.

"He was headed for the door to run out but one guy tackled him. One of the guys from Delaware County Public Works, he took his hat, was putting the fire out. Another guy here threw some beer on him trying to get it out," said an eyewitness. "It was wild, like something you see in the movies."

All three burn victims were being treated at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center.

10.11.12.248 ClientIP: 54.243.12.156, 184.51.126.28 UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) Profile: TWCSAMLSP