SoHo Nightclub Suing City For Shutting Its Doors
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
The nightclub that was the scene of a hip-hop brawl is suing the city for shuttering its doors.
In a suit made public Monday, the company that runs the SoHo lounge WiP said it is losing more than $260,000 a week.
Police cited code violations when they shut down the club on June 16.
Two days before the closure, singer Chris Brown and members of the rapper Drake's entourage got into a bottle-throwing brawl.
Brown and NBA star Tony Parker were among those injured in the fight.
Lawyers for the city said the club also filed other papers last week in the hopes of reopening.