Renato Seabra Found Guilty Of Killing Portuguese Celebrity Boyfriend
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
Renato Seabra, the 23-year-old model accused of killing a Portuguese TV personality in a Times Square hotel room, was convicted of murder Friday.
His lawyers said he was mentally ill.
He pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity but the jury didn't see it that way.
In January of last year investigators said Seabra beat and mutilated 65-year-old Carlos Castro inside the Intercontinental New York Hotel.
Prosecutors argued he saw Castro as his ticket to fame and fortune and killed him when Castro tried to end their relationship.
Seabra could get up to life in prison when he's sentenced on Dec. 21.